What is a DTF Printing?
DTF - Direct Transfer Film is a new technology that gives the advantage to any person to print transfers to decorate on cotton, polyester, 50/50 blends, leather, nylon, and more without the need to press A+B papers like in white toner printers. It can transfer to any material garments. It is taking the T-shirt decorative industry to a new level.
What is DTF Powder or pretreat Powder?
It's a hot melt powder made of polyurethane resin and grinded into adhesive powder. It's used to cover the print before the process of pressing begins.
Insert DTF transfer film in paper tray, platen, or on paper roll holder. Transfers for dark garments will require a white layer of ink over the mirrored color print.
Sprinkle the TPU powder uniformly over the wet print manually or using the automated commerical shaker. Remove excess powder.
Place the powdered film inside a Curing Oven & heat for 2-3 min at 100-120°C.
Hover film inside heatpress (4-7 mm), powdered-side UP. DO NOT apply pressure Heat for 3-5 min at 140-150°C. DO NOT completely close the press! Wait until powder becomes glossy.
Pre-press the garment prior to the transfer for 2-5 seconds. This will flatten the fabric & remove excess humidity.
Place the film (print-side DOWN) onto the platen-threaded garment. Cover with silicone pad or parchment paper. Press for 10-20 sec at 325°F
Allow the garment to completely cool. Peel the film off in one low, slow, continous motion.
Re-press the garment for 10-20 sec at 325°F. This step is recommended for increased durability.
● Compatibility: Works with all DTF & DTG printers on the market and any PET film size.
● Product Advantage: Bright Color, no clogging and 24 months shelf life.
● Performance: resistance to wet and dry washing performance and It is especially suitable for adhesion of high elastic cloth such as Lycra, cotton , nylon , leather , EVA and many other material.
● Usage: 500g of powder has an application of almost 500 A4 sheets
● Package includes: 500g/17.6 oz of Hot Melt Powder - NOTE: in order to use this product, you will need DTF printer and DTF film (Not included).